Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Day

Well, I had planned on joining a scheduled New Years Ride put on by K.T. but I could tell I was catching my family's cold, the one they had been wandering around with for a week or so. It did not seem like a good idea to ride the SS up a 6 mile climb into a snowy trail, but it was a fabulous day, temps into the high 60s and sunny.

So, I decided to putt the SS up a local canyon and brought along the offspring to enjoy the day. Off we went.



My son is not a cyclist by nature, although he is a total outdoors kid. But he looks at rides like this as chances to hang with Dad and that is fine with me. He does have a good time on the bike as long as it is not too hard.





In the end we have only our memories to take with us. So, memories of muddy legs and dirt jumps are just fine with me.

On the way back we ran into the mommy and Moots the dog out for a walk in our direction.



So, a total family day in the typical So Cal winter weather. I spent some time getting the Lev ready for duty and assessed the damage of the 100 Dollar Ride. Man, I have never seen a chain that twisted in the span of one link. Completely 90 degrees.

Right now, sitting in my chair, updating the blog, I can tell the cold is trying to get me. Bummer, cause I really need to make this month count if Camp Lynda is a reality. Not too much I can do about it. I think I will have another glass of carrot juice and wander into the kitchen where a big pot of black eyed peas and ham is simmering nicely, filling the house with a fabulous aroma. Some friends are coming over later to share in the day, watch some bowl games and just hang. I am halfway through Jill's book and this chair is pretty comfy. Think I will stay a while.

Happy New Year.

1 comment:

Guitar Ted said...

Looks like a great way to start the new year. Get well soon my friend!