Saturday, January 24, 2009

Live from St. George

Well, as I type this, I am sitting in a Starbucks in St George, Utah, on the second day of a challenging CL2.0. The weather has been, well, wet. Yesterday was just under 40 miles in the rain, but was a really good ride overall. It opened my eyes to the type of trails the St George area offers. Very fun.

Today, the rain combined with too much clay and just shut my bike down before the real ride even started. Some other riders turned around too, and Ed the Tall called it a day as well. About 30 minutes of poking at our muddy bikes with sticks got us rolling on the pavement till we found a pressure washer at a coin op car wash. A bunch of folks continued on and I understand the course got very fun just a bit farther up the road. Ah well. The $100 ride was just too fresh in my mind to go through that again. I hate giving up on a ride, but I really hate tearing up my bike just for the sake of being stubborn.

Tomorrow is another day, but the rain is really narrowing down the route opportunties.

Well, pics and details when I get home.

No comments: