Sunday, January 18, 2009

A 'Just' ride

Camp Lynda 2.0 looms ahead, so today Ed the Tall and I decided to 'just go ride' with the goal of a day in the saddle that would be comparable to days one and two as far as mileage and time in the saddle.

Today's total: Just under 50 miles, just under 6 hours, and just under 7000' of climbing. No pics, not really a scenic ride other than the fact it was a spectacular day in So Cal, temps in the 60s/70s, breezy and visibility for like 1000 miles.

I'm tired, but I was able to sustain energy throughout the day and put down some power even in the last hour of the ride. That bodes well for CL 2.0 and, more importantly, Vision Quest in March. One thing is for sure, I will be glad to get past VQ and back to riding just for fun and not for training all the time. I don't know how the racers do it.

No comments: