Monday, August 4, 2008

The 10,000 Foot Challenge

Hmmm. I like goals. They motivate me as they are intended to do. Of late, there are no races coming up or epics to train for, just riding for ridings sake, so no immediate goals going on. But then I came across an internet forum posting about setting goals for elevation gain on a mtn bike in a month: 10,000 feet.

Well now, there is something.

Unrelated to the challenge was one guy who hit over a million feet of climbing in one year, all off road. 63 years old, this guy. Yep.

I would need to quit work and just ride every day to do that, but 10K in the month of August '08? That I can wrap my head around, get my hands on, etc.

So, the challenge is accepted. I even get bonus points for riding SS! Yippie! I will pack my GPS every ride this month and see how it lays out. This last weekend gave me 3500' right at the 1st day of the month, so I have a fine start.

I like climbing, I really do. Good thing, huh?

No comments: