Sunday, April 27, 2008

Mt Wilson Bicycling Association Pancake Breakfast





It had been, what...20 years since I had been to a MWBA benefit pancake thing. You used to have to ride up the Mt Wilson Toll Rd to Henniger flats to get the flapjacks and try to win some schwag in the awesome raffle. Now, it is a little closer to the city, but there was a ride beforehand to get ya ready to eat.

The MWBA has credentials, being one of, if not THE first mtn bike advocacy/trail building group in the LA area. If you have ridden a trail in the front range of the San Gabriels, especially in the Altadena, Pasadena area, you have them to thank. The Pasadena Mountain Bike Club has stepped in and helped organize things.

If you are in the LA area, check out what they are doing for continued access to public lands.

And now, a few pics.

Gary Fisher was there and was riding a very large Superfly 29er.




The guy (Murphy, I think) sittin' next to Gary owned this beaut.





Then there were all kinds of things to see. Even unicycles made the event.




There were some games like a frame toss for prizes, bike limbo, etc. My son hucks the huffy.



The raffle was huge and I won nothing. Rats! I could have used those King hubs or headset. Next year for sure.

2 comments:

Enel said...

I can't express my disappointment in not hearing anything about the Lev since delivery.

Get On IT!

Anonymous said...

Wow...I just found this page...and look it's a pic of Tim Murphy not sure who the other guy is though ;)
if you see him tell him Billy says Hi, I save his life one time :]

and look it's Enel...boy cyberspace is a small world.