Sunday, November 4, 2007

Thanks for the memories.

Tonite while riding with Joe W., Stan the Man, and Steve the recovering crash addict, I had one of those Kodak moments. We had just finished the downhill of the Castaic racecourse and we were headed home. Stan and Steve were just ahead to the left of me and were bickering good naturedly like an old married couple. Joe was still grinning from the euphoria of the downhill on his new Stumpy with more suspension travel than his old steed and there I was, taking it all in. It occurred to me that right then and there, with all of us old guys having a great time in God's creation on these silly bicycles that our wives think are...well, are silly...that mountain biking is a great sport and I am so blessed to be able to do it, to be reasonably good at it, and to have friends who feel the same way.

Thank God for small things like moments in time like this.

No comments: